There are very few things I can say about Paige Pierce. She is one of the younger players in the sport but clearly one of the most dominant on the women's side of Disc Golf. She is crushing the game and the only way to go is up for her! This is worth the read and lets you learn a little bit more about her! Enjoy!
1) How did you get your start into Disc Golf?
- My dad took me out with him every weekend when I was really young as our father daughter time and it quickly became my passion!
2) Who inspires you to continue to play?
- I would say everyone that sends me an encouraging or supportive message. I get lots of stories sent to me from parents talking about their kids and that is very inspiring!
3) What made you want to go pro?
- Well, this is actually a simple answer. I had moved past the point of playing advanced, I needed to challenge myself and compete against the best to become better.
4) What was it like to win your first event?
- Each event is different, but the first big one you win is something special. It gives you that reassurance that you CAN do it, and to keep reaching for more!
5) What’s it like to be sponsored?
- Being sponsored can mean a lot of different things to you depending on your perspective. I think the best part is the support and the belief that they have in you as an athlete.
6) What’s it like to be on team Dynamic Discs?
- It feels like family. Everyone cheers for each other and helps in whatever way possible. It truly is something remarkable and feel so honored!
7) Favorite Disc?
- PP Lucid Convict
8) Favorite Course?
- Maple Hill or Nantucket
9) Do you have any pre-event rituals? If so, what are they?
- Not rituals per say, but I like to get to the course 45 min early. This gives me enough time to get warmed up but not too much time to where I feel anxious.
10) I see that you run clinics and help out within the community, what else do you do to help grow the sport?
- I try to wear Dynamic clothing everyday. That way when someone sees it and asks it sparks up a conversation. Other than that it is hard to pin point because my entire day everyday is about disc golf so it feels like constant growth!
11) What can we expect from you going into 2018?
- Expect is a weird word. I try not to have expectations but I do know I want to win worlds. I want to see new places and teach disc golf there. I want to better my player rating. And I am very excited to do more Luck of the Draw Skins Matches!
12) If you had to make a starter pack for someone who has never thrown DD, what would it be?
- Deputy, EMac Truth, Lucid Convict, and Bio Trespass.
13) What advice do you have for players who want to step up their game?
- Learn your discs, and when you think you know them, keep going. When you fully learn them then the next step is to learn when and where to use them. I think shot selection is one of the biggest separating factors from Am to Pro.
14) Is there anything else you would like people to know about you that they may not?
- I love playing games! Board games, card games, bar games, you name it! Just not video games!
I would like to thank Paige for taking the time out of her day to answer my questions and let me interview her in general! If you would like to know more about her, you can find her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ppierce29190/ or on Instagram at @ppierce29190. Look out for more coming soon!
Picture credit goes to Paige Pierce